COVID-19 Operations Update
General Operations Update
Per Executive Order 2020-21, Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer is suspending all non-essential business operations in the state of Michigan until April 13, 2020.
While Mobile Defenders is currently considered an essential business, our physical presence at our world headquarters has been restricted to essential personnel only. Essential personnel is defined as receiving and shipping associates only.
Our mission is to keep our employees healthy while also avoiding service interruptions for our store partners, who will undoubtedly be called on to maintain people’s ability to connect with necessary resources.
Mobile Defenders will continue to run normal operations and is fulfilling all orders placed before normal cutoff times as usual.
The only interruption in service that our customers may experience is longer-than-normal processing times for RMAs and Broken Screen Buyback.
Mobile Defenders wants to make it clear that our team will still be available to ship orders, and is under strict protocol regarding physical distancing, sanitation, and COVID-19 deterrence.
If you have questions or are in need of any assistance, we are here for you. Please reach out to your dedicated representative for support.
Per Executive Order 2020-21, Mobile Defenders has limited our staff on-site to essential personnel only. Essential personnel is defined as receiving and shipping associates only. Mobile Defenders will not be servicing local pickup orders during the period in which this Executive Order is Active (March 24, 2020- April 13, 2020).
We appreciate your patience and compliance with this order. Our team is on standby and available to ship products during this time.
Customer Service Hours
Mobile Defenders is updating Customer Service hours to 10 am to 8 PM EST. If you reach us outside of these hours, please leave a message or support ticket and someone from our team will be in touch as soon as possible.
To keep our employees and customers safe, Mobile Defenders is taking the following precautions:
- We have enhanced our cleaning processes throughout the facility. Cleaning is happening during all shifts and has increased by more than 3X.
- Break rooms, locker areas, water stations and bathrooms are cleaned multiple times per day.
- All site doors/handles are disinfected daily.
- We have deployed additional hand sanitizer stations around the facilities, especially around all entrances/exits to the building.
- We have posted additional recommended hygiene protocol signs throughout the facility.
- We have been delivering regular health and safety announcements and safety protocols to associates via daily team meetings.
- At the beginning of each shift all employees have their temperature checked with a contactless thermometer.
- We have eliminated the option for customers to pick up orders, and have locked our main entrance.
- All associates handling inbound receipts wear gloves.
- All associates in receiving and our pick, pack, shipping operations are required to wear masks. We have masks available for all other associates who wish to use them.
- We have assigned work stations for each individual team member, and have moved stations, as needed, to provide proper social distancing.
- Any work stations that need to be occupied by a different employee across shifts is required to be sanitized before use.
- MD is staying current with local trends, recommendations, and action taken in Kent County and Michigan.
- We have an emergency response plan which is being utilized to make real-time decisions, and aid with steps needed to be proactive
- MD has closed the front office and mandated that all office employees work remotely, with daily conference call check-ins by department.